Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Write!!!!! for CASology .....

Hello again, dear friends: This is my first ever participation on the CASology challenge blog. Their cue word for this week is WRITE, an art that is sadly disappearing. I remember my school years where we had to write everything with pen and paper and some of our teachers even ask us to write with fountain pens, I had an ink well kind of like the one on this card. We even had a Calligraphy class and we did certain exercises to teach us to write with beautiful penmanship. So, when I saw the cue word for the challenge, I immediately thought of this image, here is my card.
This beautiful image is from a  Flourishes stamp set called "From the Desk of.....", this company sadly closed it's doors about 2 years ago but I'm fortunate to own several stamp sets and this is one of them.
I stamped the image on Canson Canva water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored as always, with my SU write markers and the aqua painter. I used a bit of gold gel pen for the tip of the fountain pen and the ink well. I think this image is so romantic and reminiscent of a time where letters were written in beautiful paper, addressed and stamped and sent on their way by regular mail. Fortunately, we stampers are still doing this, by making our hand made cards and sending them to dear family and friends. Here is a close up of this pretty ink well and pen.
I hope you like this card, leave me your comments or questions, I will be happy to answer them. If you want to receive my blog posts, I invite you to subscribe to my blog, I will be thrilled if you do.
Here is the theme picture for this week's CASology challenge.Thank you so much for visiting, till next time, keep on stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

15 comments:

Sonny said...

Beautiful ! I love to write ...I used to trace over my mother`s cursive writing because it was so pretty when I was a little girl .You can send me this card ! I would love to have it for the front of my box that I keep stamps and addresses in ....Such pretty coloring !!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Sonny, you have beautiful penmanship my friend, I love receiving your hand written notes on the cards you send me.
Thank you for stopping by.

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've been looking through your previous posts - I love that challenges introduce us to more crafters.I love your coloring! And totally agree with you about writing and snail mail - receiving handwritten notes are the best!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Diana, for visiting and leaving me your sweet comment.
I've only started blogging last December and my participation in challenges is even more recent but I love it, specially CAS card making, this was a hidden talent for me and I'm so happy it has surfaced.
Snail Mail is fabulous, except the bills, LOL!!
I hope you visit me again.
Hugs.

Patti Willey said...

Whoa no I need that card mailed to me! Love that floral plant!! And the ink pen is so vintage I would to see your script! Loving these touches of more gold jelly pens darn it!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this image looks very romantic and reminiscent of an era of totally hand written letters.

Mary Fish said...

So chic! I think you should be illustrating beautiful books!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I love coloring and this image is very beautiful, love that fountain pen.

Unknown said...

Maria, so very lovely to have you join us at CASology this week!! What a treat! This is a stunning card! Gorgeous image, so beautifully coloured, and I love your choice of paper too! Just perfect for this cue also! Thank you too for the very kind comments you left on my blog. I truly hope you will join us more often!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Maria! I love the sweet image that you've colored so beautifully! I love beautiful handwriting and hate that it is becoming a lost art. I'll bet you have beautiful handwriting!

Ardyth said...

This is a perfect image for this cue card and you've coloured it beautifully! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Hazel, I'm enjoying participating with your Challenge, I'm learning the CAS style more and more, you can be sure I will be participating again, it was a pleasure.
Hugs.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, it's really sad that hand writing is not "popular" anymore. It's an art, no question about it. My penmanship is ok, I still remember those years of writing every single paper for school by hand. I need to practice more.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ardyth, it was a pleasure to participate with CASology, I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Aileen said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love your image and your colouring. Pure winner.