Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Berries and Holly for Merry Monday.....

Hello my friends: This week at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge blog, Karren Johnson is our host and she asks us to use Holly in our cards, how lovely is that?! Here is the card I made, hope you like it.
This is a lovely image from Power Poppy's Bough Wow Wow by Marcella Hawley, I just love this beautiful Christmas Ornaments surrounded by the beautiful greenery of the Holly leaves and berries.
I stamped the image with Stazon Jet Black ink onto a panel of Canson Canva water color paper and colored with this SU markers: Garden Green, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, So Saffron, Rich Razleberry, Real Red, Sahara Sand and Basic Gray. I added a bit of SU Dazzling Details in Cherry Cobbler for the berries and some of the clear Dazzling Details for the ornament.   I wanted to emboss the panel but I couldn't find an EF that would fit nicely without embossing the image too so, I just scored a couple of lines on all 4 sides as a frame.
And this is the beautiful picture that inspired this card.I want to thank you so much for visiting, please leave me your comments, they always make me smile. If you have any questions, please ask me.
If you would like to receive my blog posts, please subscribe to my blog, I would love that so much.
Till next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.
 

22 comments:

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This is beautiful!! Your coloring is amazing!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki.

Sonny said...

Outstanding ! Just beautiful ! I also love the picture example ! Wonder where you can get those adorable candle holders ?
Hey Maria ....maybe you could sell those ! Giggle.....along with that beautiful card you made !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Giggle back to you, my friend. Hmm.. I bet we can find those little candle holders at HL, they look to me like little fish bowls.

Creating with Susan said...

Your card is beautiful. The scored lines around the edge is the perfect finishing touch.

Patti Willey said...

I love this image from Power Poppy! That ornament spray just seems vintage to me! Nice to see them colored in these colors and adorned with a little sparkle!!

Mary Fish said...

The details are amazing. Wow!

Caroline Weidenhiller said...

Your Christmas Card is very pretty, I like it a lot.
thanks for your comment on my blog
Caroline

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty image, Maria, and you have painted it perfectly! The scored frame is just perfect! I love everything about this! Thank you for sharing this with us at Merry Monday and for all the sweet comments that you leave!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Susangail, I just wanted to give the image a bit of dimension.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, this stamp set is just so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Caroline, it was fun to visit your blog.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I always enjoy playing at Merry Monday.

Linda said...

Wow, your coloring is amazing. Beautiful card.

conil said...

Your coloring is fabulous. Such a truly beautiful card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Linda.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Conil, I love Holly and this image was just perfect for the theme.

Nancy Thomas said...

So gorgeous - the image is colored beautifully and I really like how you left it simple so the image could be front and center.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Nancy, this image is so beautiful I just did the scoring on the sides to really keep it CAS.

stampwithsandy said...

What a gorgeous holiday image and you've colored it so beautifully!

Karren said...

Beautiful CAS card, Maria, and your coloring of this gorgeous image is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Darnell said...

Your card is simply gorgeous, Maria! Congratulations on the well-deserved WIN at Merry Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Darnell