Followers

Monday, May 2, 2016

All Dressed Up.....



Hello everyone: This week over at the "Less is More" challenge blog the DT is asking us to use DSP in our CAS cards.....well, those of you who know me for a while know that DSP and I sometimes don't get along to well, don't get me wrong, I love the designs and colors of it, I just don't know how to mix patterns or how to match it with regular card stock, or where to place it on a card, I have some mental block that stops me on my tracks every time I attempt to work with it.  I've seen other crafters do wonders with it, I just can't.  Sometimes I manage to put a small panel on some cards but, for the most part, I avoid it completely. I have a nice stash of Lili of the Valley pattern paper and I use a small piece for my card.


This pretty DSP is from the "Sunny Side Up" collection. Unfortunately, Lili of the Valley discontinued this papers, when I found out about this, I went a little crazy and bought a few packs and pads. I love the primary colors on this paper and I picked this particular one for my card.  I have this fabulous and retired SU die set called "Dress Up", I love this pretty shapes, they make the most adorable little dresses, I added a piece of red card stock and I punched a little flower from white paper and a little dot with red. 
The stamped gifts are from a retired Flourishes set called "All Wrapped Up!" and the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Go Wild, it has absolutely gorgeous images of Wild Flowers.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same Power Poppy set and the stack of gifts is from the retired Flourishes set, stamped in Stazon Dove Gray ink.

USE DESIGNER PAPER IN A CAS STYLE.
"Less is More"
 This two elements are hard for me to work with, DSP and CAS style. I hope I achieved this on my card. 
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

22 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh sure! Your clever use of patterned paper on her dress alone will Wow the Challenge Blog for sure! I love this yellow dress all ready on the dress form for the Birthday Girl. Well thought out and very pretty for Spring Birthday!

Esther said...

This is gorgeous Maria! I love the choice of DP and I can totally see why you bought it up before it got discontinued! The card looks great with the dress and strip of DP mirroring each other. Fab LIM entry, well done!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, thank you for that vote of confidence, I love DSP but it's hard to work with it, at least for me!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Esther, all of this paper is beautiful, this one in particular seems perfect for Spring. As you probably noticed, I couldn't help but do a bit of water coloring too.

Sonny said...

Cute card ! I love these little dress dies and mine don`t get used enough . Your colors are so bright and cheerful !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you my friend, this dies are awesome, the sky is the limit as to what DSP to use, the little dresses will always look awesome, this is the only way I can safely deal with this beautiful papers.

Brian King said...

So sweet, Maria. I love how you've used the same patterned paper on the dress and side panel. <3

Mary Fish said...

A sweet dress and a little bit of shopping! Fun!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, I think using the pattern paper this way might be a bit easier for me. I wish someone would give some classes on working with this beautiful papers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, those little stamped gifts were a happy accident, I wanted to stamp the tall bag and the gift to it's left but I inked up the image to it's right, LOL!!

Sarah G said...

I love the way the dress is echoed by the strip down the side - a very effective use of this pretty patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More, Maria :)

Sid said...

Great cards !!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

The beautiful and vibrant paper you used Maria gives your card such a cool design. Love it!
Thank you so much for sharing this with.
Sharon xx
"Less is More"

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sarah, I'm so glad I was able to use the pattern paper this way, this challenge was a real challenge for me.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sid.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sharon, I really like the way this turned out, pattern paper and me don't always get along.

Megan said...

Great way to use some patterned paper! I hate it when they discontinue some of your favorite things! :)

Anne said...

What a pretty way to use your paper Maria!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

What a cute way to use your paper.. this is a real sweetie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Megan, I sometimes struggle with Pattern paper, this was a fun and easy way to use it. I also hate when they give the "boot" to awesome products and that is why I pounced on this paper right away.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anne, this papers and this dies were kind of made for each other.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chrissie, all of this papers are truly beautiful and this dress dies are adorable too.