Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Just a Little Note.....

Hello Everyone: The Freshly Made Sketches has a great sketch by Jen Mitchell that I'm combining with the Addicted to Stamps and More "Make Your Mark" challenge, here is my card.


This image is the very first one from the Flourishes Stamps I ever saw back in February of 2011 on Mary Fish's blog when she had one of her beautiful parades of cards from friends and I fell completely head over heels in love with it. Of course I needed to find out where it came from, there was no information about it except for the lady who made that card so, I wrote to Mary asking if she could possibly ask this person where this image came from and, as always, Mary was happy to help and a few days later, this lady contacted me via email and that is where she told me this image was from Flourishes, she told me just to google it and, when I did, I entered an incredible world of amazing, gorgeous images created by Marcella Hawley, that lured me with their charm, elegance and beauty.  Of course, I immediately bought this set and, for years and years until they sadly closed their on line store, I collected a fabulous stash of this awesome stamp sets.
Ok now, I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and colored it with my SU markers and the aqua painter, the beautiful font background stamping is from Stampin Up!, it's from back in 2007!!!!! and it's called "French Script" which is just perfect for this beautiful image, don't you think?
Here is a close up picture of my card.


The beautiful "Friend" word is from another Flourishes set called
"Gerber Daisies" (2012)  matches perfectly the font on this big stamp, the ink well is stamped onto a scrap piece of water color paper, colored and fussy cut to add a bit of dimension.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.



The sentiment is also from this set.
Here are the banners that inspired my card.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps used.






18 comments:

Sonny said...

So pretty ! I love love love French Script ! It is timeless and elegant . Your card is delicate and gives the impression of being from another time ....long ago .

Patti Willey said...

Love! That's a great sketch, right up my alley! Ok question, that background stamp is gorgeous, French Script but I don't see it over your flower so did you mask the entire flower and note paper? This image is just beautiful and so is the sentiment! Thankfully your freely share your love of stamping and it is because of YOU my friend, that I now own Flourishes and Power Poppy stamps designed by the talented Marcella Hawley. Thank you for sharing!!

Lisa said...

Every card you share is truly astonishing! Maria you have remarkable talent. The image is great. Loving the ink well and pen. Handwritten letters are wonderful to receive. Sadly a fading art. Thank you for giving it the respect it deserves.

Aileen said...

Well I can certainly see why you fell in love with their stamps this image is so beautiful and you have coloured it perfectly and put together with that wonderful background script writting. So so elegant, its perfect.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I'm so glad I have this background stamp, I have one more but the font on this one is gorgeous, I wish my penmanship was this lovely.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this image is truly beautiful. To answer your question, I stamped the background first with pigment ink that stays wet a bit longer, then I stamped the image then I went with the aqua painter and "erased" the letters on the note paper and vase, the font on the flowers was covered with the markers. Then I die cut the image and finished coloring it.
I'm also glad I introduced you to this gorgeous stamp sets, Marcella's images are truly magical and such a joy to color.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, it's indeed sad that this art of hand writing is fading away but we are keeping it alive by sending each other our cards with little messages inside, that is why I love making my cards.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I hope you go check the Power Poppy store, you'll be delighted and amazed, Marcella's images are timeless and gorgeous.

Creative world said...

Stunning card,Maria...love your card design and your coloring is perfect...Thank you for sharing your card with as these week at ATSM-MYM...Željka DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Zeljka, this stamps are beautiful and a joy to color.

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This was is so pretty! I love the attention to details, like lining up the script and your coloring is lovely. This looks so professional. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Melissa L. said...

Beautiful, Maria. I love the sentiment and the pretty yellow flowers too. Lovely coloring and superb shading. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria, as always this is absolutely stunning. I too, and love with flourishes stamps and have several. Good news though, flourishes is back online under a similar name. I think it's called flourishes LLC. Of course Marcella no longer designs for them if she has her own power Poppy stamps now, but if you Google flourishes I'm sure you can find some of their items. You continue to amaze me with your talent. Hugs my friend

Kim S said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The script extending over the image and across the frame is a truly beautiful look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Cindy, this image is truly lovely and perfect for the FMS challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mesissa, I love playing along with ATSM.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by and for the news Bobbi, I wonder who will design for Flourishes now, better go check it out.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kim, this was like the triple stamping only I just did it twice, I love the font on that background stamp but I didn't want it to visible so I'm glad my gold ink pad is a bit dry.