Followers

Friday, May 6, 2016

Smells like Christmas.....

Hello everyone: Well, even if it doesn't really smell like Christmas yet, this card might make you recall those wonderful scents of the Holidays coming from the kitchen or your Christmas decorations.
This image from Power Poppy's Spice it Up stamp set only needs the aroma of cloves and oranges but even without it, still looks awesome. Here is my card.


See what I mean? the combination of the citrus and cloves really adds the sweet feel of family and the Holidays.  I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, I sponged the panel with Hello Honey ink, I love this color, it adds such a vintage feel to your cards, I placed a few sequences and stars for some bling.
The pattern paper and ribbon are from my stash, the die cut embellishment is done with THIS corner dies.  Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from that same set and the little pine cones are from Merry Littles, also from Power Poppy, I use this little images all the time, they are perfect to add to the inside of your cards.
I'm linking this card to the Tuesday Morning Sketches 
I just flipped the sketch on it's side.
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

8 comments:

Brian King said...

So sweet, Maria. Love that plaid paper!

Mary Fish said...

citrus and cloves . . . i can smell it now!

Kris B said...

Lovely Christmas card! Such a pretty image and I love the corner embellishment! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

So pretty! I love your image and that plaid DP!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, I really like this paper.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this are the aromas of the Holidays.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kris, this lovely image from Power Poppy really makes you think of Christmas.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, this sketch was great to work with, gave me a chance to use both the image and that pretty pattern paper.