Followers

Sunday, January 13, 2019

My First Twofer of 2019.....



Hello dear blogging friends: The first Twofer Card Challenge for 2019 is finally here. I've been participating since they started in January of last year, it's one of the best challenges out there, it's fun, challenging and it really gives your creativity a workout and, as an added bonus, my dear friend Leslie Miller from "Running With Scissors a new member of this awesome team, Congratulations Leslie.   The theme for this month is BIRDS and here are the cards I made to participate.


One of my 2019 resolutions is to use my totally neglected, beautiful older stamps. I don't mean the ones that are like a year old or two even, no.....these sets are at least 10 years old!!
This one is a Stampin' Up! set called "Nature Walk" and it came out back in the Occasions Mini in 2011, the images are so vintage and detailed, it's a shame I haven't used them in such a long time.
Here are the pictures of each card.

*************************************************************************


Simple, I just stamped the Robin and the eggs on  watercolor paper, colored them with SU markers and fussy cut them, the flowers in the background are from another old stamp from Penny Black called "Aspire", no idea when I bought it, the pattern paper and ribbon and twine are from my stash, the sentiment from a Power Poppy set called Daffodils.

****************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment and image the same as in the front panel.

****************************************************************

This is my second card.


I stamped the Robin on watercolor paper and colored it with SU markers, the pattern paper is from my stash and the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Simply Camellias.

***************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from the same set as in the front panel, the little bee from "Nature Walk"

I would like to play with the following challenges.


Crafty Catz Challenge #444 "Anything Goes/Birthdays"
Crafty Catz

Seize the Birthday Challenge #156 Anything Goes Birthday, optional Topping "Confetti"
Seize the Birthday

Watercooler Wednesday #203 "All about Occasions"
Watercooler Wednesday

Your Scrapbook Place "Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I sure appreciate your kind comments.
Hugs.
Maria.




12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

shut the front door! Oh my this collection is so vintage!A great look for this Nature Walk what a beautiful set to keep from SU! Congratulations including textured ribbon, twine and Designer Paper from your stash you're on a roll girl! Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

Maria, your picture of the two cards just drew me right in. They're absolutely beautiful on the wood backdrop. Is that wood, or paper? You've always been so good at this challenge. Your coloring is expert and the layouts make good use of your patterned paper. Really love the sweet flowers on the first card, too. The ribbon and string are the perfect natural look for your nature cards. That's another thing I need to try to use more -- ribbon. You're a huge inspiration, using your older sets. I've said it before... I'm loving it! I'm so glad you jumped right in there with the Twofer Birds challenge!

Darnell said...

Your cards are vintage and beautiful, Maria! That robin is precious and worthy of being used over and over again! You have showcased him so well in both your get well card and your birthday card! As always, your attention to detail and coloring in your designs is amazing! I applaud you for going back and loving your very old stamps!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12 so consistently and enthusiastically! Hugs, Darnell

Mary Fish said...

The robin sings both creativity and spring to me!

Gail said...

I absolutely love this! That set is in my "never part with" collection. Did you really fussy cut that birdcage? And the insides of your cards are everybit as beautiful as the fronts. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

oldpunca said...

You have created two amazing bird cards. I like your vintage style. :-)

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful cards, Maria. I'm so glad you pulled out these older sets and created with them for the Twofer Challenge. That robin is gorgeous, and I especially love him all watercolored up. The eggs are a great addition too. It won't be long until the robins come back for the Spring and Summer around here. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Created by Kath said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful cards and I love the vintage look of them. Great job!

Glenda J said...

Such cheerful cards! I love the colours you chose and all the fabulous little details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

NickScrapShack said...

I love these pretty birds. Great papers and combo of colours too.
Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

JD/ Jill said...

What beautiful cards...I really the "Vintage" look to them. I have that stamp and I think I've used it...but If I haven't I need to get it out...and if I have I need to get it out again. thanks for the inspiration.
This is the first time to your blog...I really like your blog title, and I need to look around some more. I really like your work.