Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Vintage, Nostalgic Phone Calls.....

Hi there everyone and a happy Thursday to you all. 
Do you guys remember rotary phones? I totally do, maybe not like the one on my card but, none the less, I remember having our first phone when I was like 11 or 12 years old. Oh my!!! every time that phone rang, it was a mad dash to answer it, even if the call was most definitely not for us kids.


This vintage beauty is from a 2014 Flourishes stamp set called "Call Me".
I die cut the panel out of watercolor paper, stamped the image with Stazon black ink and colored it with Sakura Koi watercolors adding a bit of shade with Prismacolor pencils.  The pattern papers are from my stash, the sentiment from the set and the corner embellishments from Penny Black, I'm not totally sure about that, I lost the package. 

*****************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


Both the sentiment and the image are from the same set.

I will play along with the following challenges.

Double D Challenges "Looking Back In Time"
Double D Challenges

Crafting By Designs "Corners, Borders and Frames"
Crafting By Designs



Thank you for stopping by, I sure appreciate your kind comments.
XO
Maria.

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I certainly remember (and I also remember talking on the phone and only being able to go as far as the cord would let me lol). Also, I recently heard a millennium asking why we say to 'dial' a number, so these phones have obviously been gone for a while now. But, back to your beautiful phone and card Maria, I love the colours that you chose and your colouring is brilliant!

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love all of the colors and that vintage phone.... We used to have one like that years ago. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Looking Back in Time" Challenge!!

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous creation Maria! Love the old vintage phone! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Looking Back in Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

This is probably the cutest phone-themed stamp set ever! You did it proud and I'm glad to see it come out to play. Love the little "hi" in the center of the dial. That's so Marcy! Pretty dies and a great design with the paper. One of my favorite things about this challenge is the memories shared. It's great to see you in the link up at Double D, Maria!

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful coloring of the vintage phone!

Sonny P. said...

Such a pretty picture and memories . This reminds me of my grandparents phone. When they would call long distance ….they would talk very loud so whoever was on the other end far away could hear them !!! Giggle !
I spent many fun times talking on the phone ….You have made a lovely flashback .

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs

aussie aNNie said...

WOW, LOVE what you have created for our fabulous challenge this time of LOOKING BACK IN TIME. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges



Barbara said...

I certainly remember rotary phones, and hard to believe that was long ago. I am so amazed to see that you are using Flourishes stamps. I have quite a few, but alas I have tucked them away and am not using them. My bad! You have created a fabulous card here and I love the colors that you used. Not the usual ones and it made a striking card. Thanks for completing the inside too, it is a goal of mine to do that too. At least with some elements. Thanks for joining with us at Double D challenge "Looking Back in Time." It was a fun one for me and I hope for you as well.
Barbara DT Member

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome ATC with us in the Happy Little Stampers January "Vintage" ATC challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS ATC Team
Love To Scrap 2