Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2019

A Second Set of Twofers.....




Hello everyone: Well, I'm happy to see there's still time to sneak in The Twofer Challenge with these cards, both created using an old 
Flourishes set called "Calla Lillies"


And here they are individually.


This is a Bridal Showe Card.
When I was growing up, my sweet maternal Grandma had huge pots of these flowers in the patio and little backyard of her house, these flowers were all white with the bright yellow center, I never saw Calla Lillies in any other color.
I colored these flowers with Prismacolor pencils, the sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Teeny, Tiny Wishes", the filigree die is from Mariane Designs.

*******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Hand-Penned Holidays", the border from SU "Delicate Details".
***********************************************
Here's my Twofer.


This is a Sympathy card.
Once again I used my Prismacolor pencils, I really love how the white pencil makes the card stock even whiter. I decided to use browns instead of black for my card base and pattern paper, I think it gives this card a softer look. 
The sentiment is very simple, stamped with gray Stazon ink.
I thought about using a few pearls but decided to let the flowers stand-alone.

***************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like


The sentiment and the flower are from the "Calla Lillies" set.

I want to play along with the following challenges.


            Daisy Chain Challenges


Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.










9 comments:

Judith said...

Voor de challenge heb je nodig bloemen van MD, krijg de indruk dat, dat niet het geval is. Voor de wedstrijd regels heb je 3x MD nodig op de kaart en de bloemen moeten op zijn minst van MD zijn. Kun je ook de nummers vermelden van de MD producten die je hebt gebruikt?
Groetjes van Judith
DT Marianne Design Challenge blog

Patti Willey said...

Two beautiful calla lily cards! I really think the Sympathy Card turned out real classy, nicely done!

HJ said...

Beautiful cards, Maria. Love the colors you used on both cards. Enjoy your day!

Leslie Miller said...

You always amaze me how good you are with the pencils. These are both beautiful, Maria, and very appropriate for each occasion. I used to have calla lilies in pink, yellow, and lavender. Very pretty! It's good to see you a second time in the Twofer gallery!

Darnell said...

Your calla lily bouquets are so beautiful, Maria! I love the designs you've created outside and inside, and how you've expertly colored them in both pink and white! I never saw them in any other color but white until about five years ago when a friend brought a pot of pink ones to Easter dinner, the exact same color of your pink ones here! They're so pretty in any color! Thank you so much for playing again in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Such lovely soft colouring on both these beautiful cards, Maria ... your florals are so wonderfully complemented by the layering, matting and the inside design! Thanks so much for playing along again with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

That's funny, I only think about calla lilies being white, but I have seen them in other colors and your pink ones are so gorgeous! I love the die cuts you used with them to make it so perfect for a bridal shower. Perfect sympathy card too and the browns really do soften the look. Thanks for joining in the fun again with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Ellen said...

Lovely card with great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful card! So glad you shared your card with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie