Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Pinwheels X 5.......

Hello everyone: I might sound like a broken record (this is for all of you baby boomers who remember the vinyl LP's), but as always, it is my most heartfelt hope that you and your families are doing well in this very difficult times.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This card was not created using anything from my stash of UFO's (UnFinishedObjects) but I really like the way it turned out.


These fabulous Pinwheels are from an old, retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles" (2013), the sentiment is also from this set.
I stamped this beautiful Pinwheel 5 times, colored each with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut them, I always put a piece of painters tape underneath images that have very delicate parts, like the sticks on the pinwheels, to give them a bit more sturdiness as I fussy cut them, it works perfectly.
I don't know if any of you recognize the colorful strip across the panel, well, if you don't, it's from the packages that the Power Poppy stamp sets come in. I love the colors so, I cut it up when I place my new sets on their plastic sleeves, I think it looks really cool on this card.  
********************************************************
This is the picture of the INSIDE.


The sentiment and balloons are from another Flourishes set from 2010, I think it's called "Celebrate" but I'm not sure, the package is long gone.

I want to play along with the following challenges.

"Repeat Day"
Day of the Month Card Club

#228 "All Occasions"

#2025 Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.














5 comments:

Sonny P. said...

So colorful ! You just did a bang up job of putting these pretties on display ! Love Pinwheels !

Mary Fish said...

lovin' the brilliant colors!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I just love those colorful pin wheels! Such a perfect card for summer - reminds me about my childhood - every once in a while I would get one of those and they gave me a lot of joy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the DotMCC challenge. Hugs, Cornelia

Leslie Miller said...

You are quite the colorer, Maria! There's plenty of color on these cute pinwheels and so beautifully done. I just love the Power Poppy package strip. Those colors really appeal to me. So happy!

Tracie said...

Such a pretty card. I love all the colors you used to make it so colorful. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.