Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Black Calla Lilies.......

Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog

Hello everyone: As always, I hope and pray you and your families are well in these very difficult times, please take care of yourselves and each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The SHOPPING OUR STASH new challenge is one of my favorites, so I hope it will be one of yours too.  For the next ten days, my teammates and I want to see cards with BLACK AND WHITE images.


I was going to stamp this image from an old Flourishes set called "Calla Lilies" on white card stock with Black ink and just add shading with a black pencil but, I felt a bit adventurous and decided to do the opposite, stamp the image in white ink and color it with a white Prismacolor pencil, to me it looks like the negative of a picture. This is a Sympathy card, we don't like to create these cards but it's good to have some at hand.
****************************************************
This is the INSIDE of the card.


*********************************************************
This is what I used to create this card.

Flourishes "Calla Lilies"
Memento white ink.
White Prismacolor pencil.
Spellbinders Oval Regalia die.
The sentiments both in front and inside, as well as the
Calla Lily image are from the Flourishes set.

I want to play with the following challenges.

"Flowers all over"

No Pattern Paper.

I hope you come and play along with us over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we can't wait to see your creations in our gallery.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Stay healthy and safe.
Hugs.
Maria.


12 comments:

Chris Dring said...

What a STUNNING card, Maria! I love this reverse coloring technique you've used, and now I want to try it out too!

Donna said...

WOW WOW WOW
This is just so beautiful!
Very nicely done teammie :)

Barbara Godden said...

Chris and Donna took my words....this is phenomenal!!! Gorgeous card, it should be framed.

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning card! Jo x

Mary Fish said...

absolutely sumptuous with black. one of my favorite, favorite Maria creations!

Sonny Peterson said...

Really stunning ! You really made a lovely sympathy card .

Wendy L said...

This looks so effective, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xx

Leslie Miller said...

I always loved this set. What you did with it looks amazing, Maria!

Mervi said...

Beautiful and stylish floral card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Patti Willey said...

Well I'm not on the same page as you all with this one. I love your coloring I just can't handle the black diecut and white card. I do applauded you for stretching your skills and trying something new! Glad it was such a hit you can't please everyone right!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous sympathy card love your result with the beautiful image which looks brilliant against the black die-cut frame. Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

lauren bergold said...

ooooooh! what a beautiful and elegant b&w card, maria! magnificent!