Followers

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Flowers Feed the Soul.

Hello everyone: Every time I post on my little blog I say to all of you who come here that I pray and hope you and your families are doing well in these difficult times. Unfortunately, we as a Country are not doing well at all, the Pandemic and the civil unrest are getting worse, our leaders are NOT leading and that is a FACT!!!!! That's all I can say about that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sharing this card with you and a few challenges.


These images are from 2 Flourishes sets, the garden hat and rack are from "Friendly Reminders" (2010) all the rest are from "From the Garden" (2010)
The brick wall was added after I had already stamped the table and hat with a Tim Holtz embossing folder but I didn't run it through the Big Shot, all I did was to sponge the ink on it, placed my panel on top and just rub the parts that didn't have the images, it worked perfectly. The little bird was stamped on the table, the rest of the images were stamped, colored with Prismacolor pencils and a few watercolors then, fussy cut.
The sentiment is from the set.

*********************************************************

This is the INSIDE of the card.


The garland of roses is from a new Stampin' Up set called "Grace's Garden", which is so beautiful, I just got it, love it!!, the rest of the images are from the Flourishes set.

I want to play with the following challenges.

RHS Miniature Garden Grower By Holly Farrell

"In the Garden"
Penny Black and More


I'm going with "Create a Scene"

Thank you for stopping by.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.





11 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute are the rubber gardening boots all lined up in a row!
Plus the clay pots sitting there all ready to be planted with little seedlings. Your card makes me smile Maria. We all need that especially now.

Donna Scholz said...

What a lovely card, Maria! Great scene composition,,, and your tip on hand pressing the inked embossing folder is so clever! Than you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Mary Fish said...

a sweet, colorful and creative story!

Sonny Peterson said...

Such a pretty scene and I love that little bird !!
Beautiful colors and who wouldn`t love to have that sun hat !!

stampingvickisvisions said...

This is wonderful! I love the little windmill sitting on the bench. Thanks for joining us at TSOT

Patti Willey said...

You know that's a brilliant way to utilize our dusty embossing folders! I'll try that for sure! Love this garden theme card very Summery!

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card! Love your technique with the brick embossing folder!

Leslie Miller said...

Maria, you've blown me away again! Not only do I love the scene you created with the two stamp sets, but I'm floored by what you did with the embossing folder! I will definitely have to try that. I do have a brick wall background stamp and a brick wall embossing folder, but I think this with the EF is the best!

Marina said...

What a fantastic job you've done in creating this beautiful scene. Thanks for joining The Library.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing along at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday.
:) Janis
Try Stampin’ On Tuesday, (Stamping not required), Design Team Member
Let’s Craft & Create, (Anything Goes + Option), Design Team Member
Crafting Happiness Challenges, (Always Anything Goes), Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Anonymous said...

Such a bright and cheery card that will brighten someone’s day and i love how you stamped the background with the embossing folder! Thank you so much for joining us in the garden at the Penny Black And More Challenge.
Linda