Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Merry (Pink) Christmas.....

Hello everyone: I missed the gals at the Merry Monday Challenge over the Summer but now, they are back and I'm so darn happy. Here is a card I made for their Pink and Silver or Gray challenge, I will also link this card to a few other challenges at the end of this post.


I had a ton of fun making this card, love the sweet little Winterberry Small Snowman from Purple Onion and the Stacey Yacula designs, all dressed up in pink.  Since the challenge asks for Silver or Gray I decided to heat emboss this image in Silver using some Canson water color paper and then just add a bit of color with my SU markers, easy peasy.  I die cut the image and the silver panel behind it with an Elizabeth Crafts nesting dies. The little snow flake and star are also die cut, I didn't have a small enough word that would fit inside the star so I just grabbed the Rose Red SU marker and hand wrote  the word JOY.  
The pattern paper is from a retired line from Lili of the Valley, I love this one sided paper and I'm so glad I bought a whole bunch of pads and packets before they were gone for good, sigh!!
Oh, I also embossed the pink panel with a snowfall embossing folder.
**********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and sweet little mug of goodness are from a retired Flourishes set called "Sweets of the Season".
I would like to link this card to the following challenges.

Merry Monday challenge #215 "Use Pinks and Silver or Gray"
Always Playing with Paper "Photo Inspiration Challenge #79


The Paper Players Challenge #314 by Joane.

Cupcake Inspirations challenge #377

A Snowflake's Promise Challenge #29 "Anything Goes with optional theme of Seasons"
A snowflakes promise

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

***************************************************************
NEWS FLASH
I have some very exciting news to share with you. 
My good friend Aileen from Colour and Sparkle asked me to be part of the Designer Team for a brand new challenge blog called The Flower Challenge .  I'm super excited and totally thrilled to be joining her and my new and amazing teammates on this fantastic Journey.
This challenge will be all about FLOWERS and that is right up my alley, I think I have more flower stamps than any other kind so I know I'm going to have so much fun making my cards to share with you.  So please, go to the challenge and click on the tab "Design Team" so you can see who we are and learn a little about each one of us.
Then, on October 4th. please join us in the gallery, we would love to see your creations there.
Thank you!
Maria.


19 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Whoa! Look at that pink wonder! Love this Holiday Card! You used some ribbon today too! It's gorgeous! And that decadent beverage on the inside! Well I hope there's one for me!

Lisa said...

What a little cutie! I like the different color combo for the holiday. Your bow's are always super good. I'll take a large beverage please, yummy.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Maria! I'll be sure to check out that challenge! I love flowers too! And I love this layered tag with the delightful snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Aileen said...

Beautiful pink christmas card I love it. So many cards to catch up on, sorry I havent been commenting, they are all so beautiful. Fell behind but always looking.

Vicki Finger said...

Super cute card! I love non traditional colors for Christmas like Pink and Turquoise! Well done!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Saw your card over at Merry Monday and had to pop by.
Such a cute design and it looks fabulous in pink and grey.
Caroline xxx

Mary Fish said...

Lovin' the pink and silver!

Julie B said...

So pleased to have inspired you to use up all your buttons!
Such a sweet snowman, love the silver tag. :)

Colleen said...

Hi Maria, you nailed the color combo on this card! Delightful little snowman and I love your background! thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Hannelie said...

Oh so beautiful Maria, inside and out!
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, this is so pretty! Love all the pink and that darling snowman! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players and The Challenge! XX

Anonymous said...

Oh this is darling! I love that sweet image! So glad you were inspired to join us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, this image is adorable. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Love your card! The snowman is super adorable! Thanks for playing along with The Challenge!

cm said...

Your card has planted a smile all over my face! Love the snowman! Thank you for joining Cupcake Inspirations Party Time Challenge!
~carol

EK Gorman said...

What a great design this week. I am loving how you showed our theme of ‘party time’. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Jen Carter said...

Love how you created the tags! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just adorable! I love that snowman. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.