Followers

Thursday, September 29, 2016

So Amazing.....

Hello everyone: Today we have a very gray and rainy morning up here in NW Indiana so I felt like making a card with some bright colors and flowers before they are gone from our gardens.  I saw a card at the Muse Challenge #185 in which my dear friend Aileen Ryan from Colour and Sparkle is the Guest Designer so, I was inspired by her card to make mine.


This image from the Altenew set Peony Bouquet was stamped onto a Ninah Solar White card base with Altenew inks, I made a mask with some copy paper of the outline of the big flower to stamp the small flowers and leaves. Then, I stamped the outline with Tim Holtz Antique Linen, I didn't want a hard edge on this pretty flowers.  Once I stamped all the layers, I went in with my Prismacolor pencils to add some shadows and highlights on each petal, the Sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Azaleas.
********************************************************************
This is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a new Power Poppy set called Dynamic Duos: Foxglove and Ranunculus, the little butterfly from SU Papillon Potpourri.

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
The Muse Challenge #185 Guest Muse Aileen Ryan.

The Paper Shelter Challenge #266 "Blooming Days"
CAS on Sundays Challenge #92 "One Layer Cards"
Come and Get It Challenges "One Layer Creations"
AAA Cards Game #74 "Masking"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read all the comments you so kindly leave on my cards, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

I also wanted to remind you that a brand new challenge blog is making it's debut on October 4th. my teammates and I hope you guys stop by to check it out, we also hope you join us in the gallery. 
The name is The Flower Challenge, here is a sneak peek at my card, hope you stop by to see the rest of it and also, the fabulous cards my teammates created.








16 comments:

Patti Willey said...

That's mostly pencils? whoa! This is stunning Maria! And I can't wait for the fourth to see that upcoming blog post! Way to go girlie!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti!! I stamped the layers but it looked to bland so I went with the pencils, I always love how I can add detail and shadows using them.
I would love to see you in the gallery, girlie!!

Bunny said...

Beautiful card inside and out. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Sazzle Dazzle said...

An absolute beauty. Striking, feminine, perfectly masked images and a great take on Aileen's muse card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards too. Sarah x

Mary Fish said...

Those Prisma pencils are magic in your fingers. So pretty!

Aileen said...

Ahh Maria, this is just stunning, love love how you have done this card. The yellow is just outstanding. Thank you so much for participating in the challenge. XX Aileen

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bunny, I'm so glad I found your challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sarah, this set is really awesome for masking to CASE Aileen's beautiful card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I really love the effect the pencils give to give shadows and details to stamped images.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, your card is so beautiful, a perfect Muse for mine.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Maria,loving the yellow too ;) Viv xx

Ardyth said...

Beautiful - so sunny and warm! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Darlene DeVries said...

Absolutely and completely totally gorgeous Maria!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful coloring ... love the yellows. Great interpretation of Aileen's card.

Jeanne H said...

Absolutely lovely card! Wonderful coloring,TFS your pencil tip.

Pat K said...

Lovely, cheerful card. Thanks for playing along with us at TPS. Pat K x