Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Ribbons and Bows.....

Hello everyone: Do you have a box or a drawer or a closet full of ribbons that seem to keep growing no matter what??!!! well I do, and I haven't even bought any spools lately, it's just the ribbon I've accumulated over the years that it's just staring at me every time I come into this room. When I go to the craft store to get card stock or ink I purposely avoid the ribbon sections although at this time of the year, they are there, on my way, as I walk towards to paper section of the store, trying to look away.  When the Holidays are approaching it's almost impossible to resist buying ribbon, it's just so beautiful but, as much as I like it, I don't use it nearly as often to make any kind of dent in the amount I have already.  That's why the new challenge over at RETRO RUBBER  is great for us ribbon collectors because we want you to use ribbon in your cards. Here is mine, I even made a double bow, but my stash of ribbon kind of looks the same, sigh!!

This image is from a retired Stampin Up! stamp set called "Blooming Beautiful" that made it's debut in the 2008 Occasions Mini, it's one of my favorite images.   I stamped it onto a piece of Canson water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, the darker centers of the Pansies are done wit Prismacolor pencils.
The pattern paper is from a retired line from Lili of the Valley, the ribbon and bow from my stash.

************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.



For even more inspiration, hop over my teammates' blogs and see their amazing creations.  Please don't forget that your stamps MUST BE AT LEAST ONE YEAR OLD, make sure you tell us their age or at the very least, how long you've had it and also, please limit your challenges to 10 including ours.  Now, a good place to find out the age of your SU stamps is Splitcoaststampers, go to the gallery and all the stamps are listed there in alphabetical order. Another place is Pinterest, if you know the name of your stamp set, you can see there when your stamps were used by visiting the blogs of the people who made the card.  
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




15 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Bloomin' Beautiful my first SU! Stamp! Wish I had it! So pretty in your lilac details great job using your ribbon today! Keep it up!

Chris Dring said...

That image is colored beautifully, and I love your card design! Wow!

Katy McGloin said...

Maria, you have a SU stamp that I don't... hard to believe, LOL. Lovely coloring and the double bow adds just the right touch for a sweet feminine card. Well done, teammate!

Neva Cole said...

So pretty Maria, and in my favorite color too! The ribbon and papers go together so well with your image.

Jane Knudsen said...

Gorgeous Maria! I love this image and it is perfectly colored. I love your double bow - you are braver than me because I can barely tie a single bow! Love your sweet little hello!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a sweet card with the perfect feminine touch from the double bow!! You need to use your ribbons, Maria. This is beautiful! Love every detail.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I think this was also one of my first SU purchases, it's in wood, back then, that was the only choice.
I love Pansies and Violas so this was right up my alley, love that vase full of blooms. So sorry you don't have it anymore, my friend.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chris, I just love this little flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Katy, did you had it at one point and then sold it? This is one of the prettiest SU sets from long ago, I love it. Thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, I also love the color purple.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jane, the double bow is really easy to make, I learned how on Utube. I should have included a link to the video, sorry.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, I surely need to use my ribbon stash! and don't get more until I've made a serious dent in it.

creative lady said...

Maria, love your CAS card, the soft colors and your coloring is very nice.

Greta said...

Beautiful monochromatic card--love the double bow!

Christine Traversa said...

Soo lovely! Adore your combination of markers and pencils. So soft and looks like it should be in a custom card shop!