Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Strawberry Fields.....

Hello everyone: This week the new challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH is all about FRUITS AND VEGGIES so we want you to dig out your images of either one and join us in the gallery.  One of my favorite fruits are Strawberries so I chose this image form an old Flourishes set called, what else, STRAWBERRIES.....Here is my card.


I stamped this image onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, I had to put several layers of Real Red ink to achieve this shade for the strawberries.   Now, from time to time I like to mix the old with the new to get the look I want for my images so in this case, I very carefully inked and stamped the two little bees from the Power Poppy set called Foxglove and Ranunculus Dynamic Duo, it was a bit tricky since this stamp is quite big but with my MISIT I was able to position my panel just right and stamp this hard working, busy gals. I just love this chubby little bees and I think they add a very sweet detail to this image.
***********************************************************************

Here is a picture of the finish inside of my card.


The sentiment and the basket of strawberries are from the same Strawberry set, the frame around the sentiment is from another Flourishes set called "Country Charm".
Thank you for stopping by, for more inspiration, be sure to stop by my teammates' blogs and see their awesome creations.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


7 comments:

Mimi said...

You are so good at combining stamp sets and thinking outside the box! The bees are perfect here! Great coloring, too! Have a great week, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mimi, I was very happy to see the bees were just about the perfect size for this strawberry image.

Patti Willey said...

Aw! This could not be more sweet! Love your little bees and the baskets of picked berries inside is just darling!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the little bees and your watercolouring is great.

Chris Dring said...

This is gorgeous, Maria! I would have thought those bees went with the main image if not for you saying they weren't! Great job adding them, and your coloring is amazing!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Maria that image is so pretty and beautifully colored!! I love how you added the cute little bees!!

lauren bergold said...

soooo totally love the image and of course you've used it perfectly to make a beautiful card! <3