Followers

Friday, February 22, 2019

In The Kitchen.....

Hello everyone: One of my fondest childhood memories is of my amazing maternal grandmother, she came to live with us when I was about 10 years old, she loved to bake and we grandkids enjoy her delicious loaves of bread and cakes, cookies and pies, our house was always smelling fabulous, she taught me how to bake with yeast, which I think is fascinating, I love it. So now, of course, I spoil my grandkids with lots of baked goodies, sometimes I get a text with a request from my now older grandkids, for a cake or cookies, which I always very happily fulfill😉
So this little apron brings back some of these memories of my grandma, baking goodies for all of us grandkids.


This image is from a very old Flourishes set called "Fresh Baked", came out back in 2012, all the images are beautifully detailed and yummy too.
I stamped the apron on a scrap piece of Lili of the Valley pattern paper with Stazon black ink, colored the trim with Rose Red marker and fussy cut it. I put a couple of pieces of Scotch tape in the back to give the paper a bit more strength, especially on the apron strings and the spoon on the pocket. 
The wooden spoon was stamped on white card stock and colored with Prismacolor pencils, then fussy cut the same way. The ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment from the set.

*********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The lace trim on the top is from a retired SU set called "Delicate Details", the sentiment and cookie from the Flourishes set.

I want to play with the following challenges.

"Pink and White"

Favorite Birthday or Christmas and why?
On both of those celebrations, we enjoyed my grandma's baking goodies.
As You Like It Challenge

Buttons or Enamel Dots.
Cute Card Thursday

Thankful Thursday Challenge #240 "Pink and/or Red"
DL.ART


Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


11 comments:

Diane said...

Nothing better then memories of a grandma!! I love you adorable apron card, so beautifully colored too! Thank you for joining our Double D challenge!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Vicki said...

Love this pink and white card! We have the same thought when creating! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Pink and White" Challenge.

Darlene said...

OH WOW great job Maria! Just beautiful inside and out! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pink & White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Sonny P. said...

Too too cute !! I love pink and this reminds me of my mother`s kitchen that was pink and gray . That apron is just adorable !
Cute card !

Brian King said...

SOOOO sweet, Maria! What a gorgeous mix of pinks and a sweet image!

Esther Asbury said...

What sweet memories of your Grandma -- a treasure for sure! Love your pretty pink card - and especially like how you finished the inside! So happy you linked up to the Retro Challenge at Time Out where I'm guest designing this week!

Leslie Miller said...

So that's a Flourishes set? Gosh, there were some cute ones, weren't there? This is seriously adorable with the perky apron and the wooden spoon, plus the perfect sentiment. I love that you paper pieced and colored the apron, which gives it such a cute pattern. Perfect ribbon for your card. Gosh, Maria, this is such an incredibly cute card for our "Pink and White" Double D challenge!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a great card. It certainly does have a retro feel - I can smell grandma's cookies baking! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

Patti Willey said...

So precious! I love the story and this vintage apron on your card is the "sweetest" Love the layout you've made here with your ribbon and the color pallet is a winner! Let us know how you do with this challenge!

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card this is. Thank you for joining in at AYLI!! Sarah DT

Lynne said...

Your card is so pretty and lovely memories for you too. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT