Followers

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Twofer Challenge #13.....STARS.....

Hello dear blogging friends: I was finally able to finish my Twofer cards for Challenge #13 with a theme of STARS.
It took me a while to come up with something nice since I only have one little die that is actually a tag but it cuts really pretty little stars around it so, I used this die to create these two cards.
Here is a picture of both of them together and later I will tell you how I made them.



************************************************************


 This sweet image is from a collection of Fairy stamps my aunt gifted me a few years ago, she found them at a thrift store, dirty and stained, some haven't even been inked up, there were in a box with no information at all about them, she bought the 20+lot for $10.00 and gave it to me. After I washed then dry them really well, I started stamping them and to my surprise the images were gorgeous.
I haven't played with my Faries in a while so I'm glad I took the time to play with this lovely one.
I stamped the image on Ninah white card stock with Stazon black ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils, I've been enjoying using these pencils a lot lately.
I used the die from Spellbinders set called Nestabilities Decorative Elements Floral Ovals to die cut the little stars in gold foil paper to add to the Fairie's Dust, I also colored the little dots swirling around the Fairy with a gold gel pen. I decided not to add a sentiment, I felt like it was going to look a bit out of place on this scene, I think the image speaks for itself.

**********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a very old Flourishes stamp set called "Orchids", I always use it when I make Fairy cards, I love it.
The little Toad Stool Mushroom is from a rather new Power Poppy set called Wild Mushrooms.

**************************************************************

This is my Twofer.


The banners are from a super old Flourishes set called "Patriotism on Parade" that came out back in 2009, love all of these images, especially the little kids.

I stamped the banners on white card stock and colored them with SU markers, then I die cut more of the little stars but this time I used silver foil paper, and glue them on top of the stars on the banners. The Sentiment is from my stash, the fireworks from The Ton Pyrotechnics.

*********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I punched the card with a Friskars punch, old as I don't know what!!, the sentiment and the streamers are from my very old stash.

I want to play with the following challenges.


"Sparkle and Shine" My Fairy has lots of gold on her wings and Fairy Dust.

Favorite Color, mine is Purple.
stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Use Your Stuff Challenge #348
Do You Believe In Magic?
Use Your Stuff

"Anything Goes"
Through The Craft Room Door

Thank you for stopping by, your comments make my day.
XO
Maria.

8 comments:

Brian King said...

Both are wonderful cards, Maria! I love that the theme of "stars" gave you two completely different cards. Such fun! As always, your coloring is amazing.

Mary Fish said...

The stars are the perfect touch for both versions!

Patti Willey said...

Wow two great cards! Your scene building is always so fun! This sky you put on your cards are always so realistic! I love those Flourishes stamp banners, so Patriotic and the coloring here is so rich. I'm glad you took the time to mask them they line up beautifully!

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you found something in your stash that you could use on your cards, Maria, and I think you have used it brilliantly in both your designs! I love that fairy, so beautifully colored with your pencils. Great sky, toadstool, and grasses, too! And I love your patriotic 4th of July celebration design! The silver stars on the bunting look sensational!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I simply cannot stop looking at your fairy card! She looks like she belongs right there on that toadstool with the grasses growing up around her. And, ohhhhh, that sprinkling of starry fairy dust is a brilliant way to use your stars. But, wait... your coloring and the gorgeous glimmer on her wings... I'm totally under her spell! Your aunt found a treasure in that box of fairy stamps! Maria, you have a keen eye to see how perfectly those stars would work on the bunting. It's good to know your stamps, isn't it? This sure is a cute set. I made some fun cards with it, too, back in the day. Two completely amazing cards for our Twofer challenge. I'm glad you found some stars in your stash and were able to play along!

Loll said...

Your fairy card is beautiful Maria! I love the sweet image and the soft, dreamy colours you've used. The gold stars add lots of shine. Your red, white and blue card is so fun to celebrate July 4th. The lovely shine this time comes from your silver stars you've added to the banner. Fantastic cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful image and coloring, love the sparkle and glitter of the gold stars and swirls. Don't forget Use Your Stuff has teamed up with Double Trouble's TicTacToe board, and you have met one of the diagonals (Blue Hues, Image and Die or Punch) and the twist...would love you to enter into our challenge at Double Trouble too (link is on the Use Your Stuff challenge post). Hope to see you there.

Helen said...

Beautiful CAS desingns - love them both.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com