Followers

Friday, March 8, 2019

Even When I'm Prickly.....

Hello everyone: I love succulents, they are as beautiful as they are hardy, they require very little maintenance, looking pretty and green all year round.
This card is made with another NBUS set from My Favorite Things called Sweet Succulents.  I think I bought it last December during one of those "end of the year sales", love those, don't you? Then, I splurge a little and got the dies.


I just stamped the little plants and pots on watercolor paper with Memento black ink and colored them with SU markers. The "shelve" is from a window sill die set, I just gave it a bit of a shadow to make it look flat on the top.
The sentiment is from the set die cut with a banner die from Spellbinders.

*************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is from "Delicate Details" (SU retired) and the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called "Sassy Succulents"

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Color it Green. 
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog 

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

8 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Love your little perky trio . Cute ! I think it is neat that you were able to get the dies also .
Colorful and cheery card !

Patti Willey said...

Always fun to ink up a new stamp set! I'm glad you took advantage of a great sale! You must have some cute succulents because the coloring here is life-like! No kidding! I love it!

Mary Fish said...

An adorable and prickly trio!

Brian King said...

So pretty! Love these images and, of course, your coloring! ♥

lichazul said...

felicidades , gracias por tu huella en mi blog
una tarjeta muy linda y los sellitos (cactus y suculentas) super tiernos
( yo los dibujo ) , mucha suerte en este desafĂ­o
desde Chile un abrazo scrapero

Amy O said...

Beautifully colored and perfect images for the sketch. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute idea to use the windowsill die for a shelf! Succulent stamps really are fun, and so are the real thing. All the things you listed are so true, and I love them for easy care when we're gone so much of the summer. So many different kinds! I'm glad you got some ink on these cute stamps, Maria, and I know it won't be the last time. Yes, some sales are too good to pass up. I'm sure having fun seeing all your NBUS!

Jen Timko said...

Such a pretty little trio! Lovely for the sketch. So glad to see you this week at FMS!