Followers

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sit, Stay.....Heal.....

Hello everyone: Some time ago the CAS style was hard for me to embrace but now, I totally get it and I really like it, I think I'm getting better at it too.
So here this CAS card created with an NBUS stamp set bought last year that I'm inking up for the first time today.
This card will be on its way today to a dear Triathlon friend who had his appendix taken out 3 days ago, he's back home being pampered by family and friends, I know this card will bring a smile to his face.


Aww!! I think this is just about the most endearing image of a pooch healing, I've seen our grandkids' doggies with the infamous "Cone of Shame", LOL!! the doggies are never happy wearing it.  Stamped the image on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it.
Simple image to color real quick with a bit of Derwent watercolor pencils and SU markers for shadows.
I stamped the sentiment but it kind of look like it was floating there so, I remember a tutorial bySandy Allnock where she created signs and little scenes for this particular stamp set so I CASEd' one of them for my card.

********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border was stamped with the retired SU set called "Gorgeous Grunge" and the sentiment is from a Stampabilities set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.
Anything Goes/option Circles.
Whoopsi Daisy Digi and CD Challenge

Papercraft Challenges

"C is for CAS"

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #124 "CAS"
Cardz 4 Guyz

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

11 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

I love this card!!!!

Mary Fish said...

Darling card that will cheer up your friend. I love the tail still wagging!

Sian said...

What a brilliant card! I absolutely love that stamp.

LeAnne said...

So cute...your friend will appreciate it! I always remember my mom's doberman's having to wear those things, LOL!

Sonny P. said...

Awww ...poor pup ! This is a really cute scene and your hanging sentiment is perfect !

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you totally get the CAS thing and you rock it, Maria! I love this and I know your poor friend will, too. Love the hanging sign. I notice the doggie is wagging his tail. He's a good sport. Isn't it fun to focus on your NBUS and older stamps? I still have quite a few in waiting, but I'm whittling it down. Every time you bring out an NBUS I get a little thrill!

ike said...

LoL what an excellent card :-D I love your colouring and that image is so funny.
I hope your friend is soon up and about. :-)
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Patti Willey said...

Wow you are right, you are Rocking the CAS style! I missed Sandy's take on creating a sign for those floating sentiments...genius! What a cute image, best wishes for your comrade!

Darnell said...

I love this fabulous design, Maria! Love the way you grounded the great sediment ala Sandy and go you for using your NBUS image! I have that little guy, too, and just love him! We no longer have dogs, but all of our labs had to wear the cone of shame at some point! Poor things! Hugs, Darnell

Sall said...

Aww poor puppy, Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

valscraftings said...

Such a cute CAS card, love the puppy. Thanks for joining in at Ike’s World Challenges. DT Val x