Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tiny Dancer.....

Hello everyone: I have a very sweet card to share with you today that I printed a while back but never got around to color, and I'm glad I did because my printer is misbehavingšŸ˜«as I write this post, I think we might need a new one, ughhh!!
Anyway, here is my card.


This image is from Mo Manning Digital Pencil and it's called Ballet Practice, I love this graceful young girl.
I don't know about you guys who use digital images but I have a hard time coloring them because the ink bleeds, I can't use watercolors so I used Prismacolor pencils but still, I must let it dry completely and I think that's why I kind of forgot I had it. It was ok to use the pencils with the paper stumps dipped in Gamsol, I think the ink bleed just a bit by her neck.
The sentiment is from a super old Flourishes set called "Orchids" (2011).

*****************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from another old Flourishes set called "Old Fashion Florals" (2013), the butterflies from (I think) Penny Black.

I want to play with the following challenges.

I think this image speaks for itself.

Digital Image totally hand colored.
addicted-to-stamps-challenge

A sentiment+One Digi Image+ One Matted Layer+Prismacolor Pencils.

Cards for Boys or Anything Goes for Kids.


Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog



Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

13 comments:

Aileen said...

beautiful card sweetie, love this dancer, need to colour her more. Gorgeous card design.

Sue said...

This is beautiful I love this image thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Sonny P. said...

Reminds me of dancing classes that my girls were in for years . This dancer is so graceful and you did a great job of coloring her .
Love her and love Elton John`s TINY DANCER song !!

ElizStewart said...

Maria...so loving your beautiful dancer in your "unique" card. Thanks so much for joining TIME OUT this week!

Cardsbymaaike said...

pretty stamp and beautifully colored. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful, sweet, and graceful image, Maria! Good thing you had her printed and ready to color. I love the yellow and your Prismacoloring is always top notch. I'm sorry about your printer. We should talk about that. The ink for the HP printer I had before my current one would smear even with Copics if it wasn't set up for a long time, and then it still might smear. It wasn't waterproof, so I couldn't watercolor or use wet glue or Stickles on my images. The ink for the Epson printer I have now will take any coloring medium without smearing. I always let it set at least overnight because I never get around to coloring right away. I keep printed digis in a box so sometimes they sit quite a while. If and when I buy a new printer I'll make sure it's an Epson that uses the same ink. I only use it for printing digis and documents, etc. Not photos. Well, long comment, sorry, but thought you might want to know. I can give you some info if you're interested.

Patti Willey said...

God Bless Leslie for sharing her opinion on Edson Printers! Very helpful! I don't collect and utilize digital stamps but use my heat gun on any that I've done in the past. I agree letting them sit overnight is a great idea as well. However you my dear are such a talented colorist this is a beauty and I truly see no smudge at all. Beautiful image!

Mary Fish said...

love the yellow sweater and leggings. Tiny Dancer (Elton John) is now floating in my head (in a good way).

Gerrina said...

Beautiful how she pops in between the two flowerpanals! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT challenges!

Joyce said...

This card is so very pretty, inside and out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Jane said...

Such an elegant image, love her and your bright sunny colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

I Card Everyone said...

Maria, this beauty hasn't lost a bleeding thing with your beautiful coloring... my goodness this is truly lovely, and unique!
I do understand the quandary - it's why I don't print digital stamps! One day perhaps a laser printer will be in both our futures!
=]

Chrissy said...

Very pretty card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Addicted to Stamps..

Luv CHRISSYxx