Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Black and White Dahlia.....

Hello everyone: From all the Monochromatic color options, Black and White are my favorite so, every time I see a challenge with this theme I jump in.
Here's a card I created using one of my old Flourishes sets called "Dahlias" that was released back in July of 2013.


I stamped the image on a die cut piece of white card stock, first with gray ink and colored it using only the Black and White Prismacolor pencils.  I left the stamp on my MISTI to restamp the image using Versafine black ink and clear heat emboss it to have a more defined outline. 
The butterfly and the sentiment are from a Power Poppy set called Pure Prairie Spirit, I stamped the Butterfly on a scrap piece of white card stock with Versafine black ink and added a bit of shading with my black pencil then, I fussy cut it and glue it to the panel, the ribbon is from my stash.

*********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like. 


The sentiment is from the Power Poppy set, the little vase in the corner, from the Flourishes set.

I want to play with the following challenges.


Spots and/or Stripes.
Unicorn Challenge Blog

The Crafters Cafe Challenge
Easter or Florals #217
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog

Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #117
No pattern paper.
Creative Craft Cottage

Pearly Sparkles Challenge #39
Flowers or Showers.
Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous inside & out! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White ONLY’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, this is absolutely gorgeous, Maria! The stamp is fantastically stunning with your Prismacoloring and the crisp embossing over top. Wow! Fun that it fits all these challenges, and I'm super happy that you played along with us at Double D!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful inside and out, Maria. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Sonny P. said...

Really stunning ! Such visual impact with the black and white .
Very different !

Diane said...

Beautifully created and so elegant!! What a fabulous design and image!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

creationsnz said...

A super monochrome card and great to see in our easter &/or Floral challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Lisa J said...

Great Monochrome Card. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Lisa DT