Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Kiss the Frog.....

Hello everyone: In keeping with my 2019 resolution of trying not to buy any more new stamps and just use what I have, which is A LOT!! here's this card created with this SADLY DISCONTINUED rubber stamps from "Alotofstamps", that always brings a smile to my face, I even think the company is no longer in business because I went hunting for it and I couldn't find it anywhere.
But, anywho, here's my card, hope it makes you smile.


A simple card, really. This Froggy is super easy to color and fussy cut. 
The "sentiment" was from a 2009 card maker magazine I got at a second-hand store, the image of the frog on that card was from a stamp set that came with that sentiment,  super fun but when I looked for it, I couldn't find it so I used this Martini drenched frog, which is also super fun and I just hand wrote the sentiment on this die cut piece of card stock.
******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I was really wracking my brain to find a sentiment for the inside that would kind of fit the theme on the front so I went rummaging through my old stamps and found one from Impression Obsession called Riding Pretty, this set is so cute and I have the dies too, WOO HOO!!  The little froggy on the corner is from a retired SU set called "A Flower for all Seasons", isn't she just the cutest? This set is from way back in the 2008-2009 catalog, I love each one of the 4 stamps.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Hope there is enough open space on this card.🙏
 

Crafty Catz Challenge
Anything Goes/option Make us Smile.
Hope my froggy brings a smile to your face.
Crafty Catz
No Designer Paper.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, Maria... I broke down and bought a few things. I know... but I have to admit they're making me very happy as I've already started using them. Still working with the older things and enjoying them, too, though. You're doing great and I love seeing what's in your stash. This frog is so cute and the sentiment panel is perfect with him. I dearly love that little frog inside!

Janette said...

Hi Maria, I think your Frog looks pretty cute, what a great image and a fab card. Thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Barb Ghig said...

Your frog is absolutely adorable and I LOVE your sentiment, Maria! Beautiful coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Maria! The image is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, I love it! Jo x

Christine Kiehl said...

Made me smile! Great card!