Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

So Charming.....

Hi there, everyone: I don't know about you but sometimes, I buy stuff only to put it on the waiting list to be inked up and I never get around to do it, shame on me!!! Well, this year I'm keeping my resolution of using only what I have, some of this stuff is still in its unopen package, ughhh!! Double shame on me!!!
So today I have a super cute card made with one of these beautiful and neglected, brand new stamp sets from Stampin' Up! called "Charming Cafe", (well, brand new to me but it's unfortunately retired) I even bought the dies, seriously.....Triple sham......well.....you know, right? 
So here's this sweet bundle in all it's cute glory.


Isn't it just adorable?? Super easy to color, the dies cut the paper really close to the image and I've seen lots of cards made with this set that really makes me smile, so this is just the first one, I'll be making a lot more.
I stamped the images on white card stock with Stazon black ink and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils, easy peasy!! 
The garland was stamped again and die cut, the same with the little topiaries, ohh!! sooo cute!!!
I stamped the sentiment using different colors of SU markers.
***********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is done with a retired SU set called "Delicate Details", the rest is from the Charming Cafe set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.



Easter/Spring
Use Your Stuff

Challenge #11 Easter/Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.



9 comments:

Sonny P. said...

So cute and charming is a perfect description ! The colors you chose just bring this scene to life !
Perfect spring card !

Patti Willey said...

Wow no purchases this year you must be sitting on your hands all day! Nice to see this set used today, new to me never see it before. Very cute indeed. Wouldn't it be nice to sit outside a cafe with a friend! At 35 degrees in New England it wont' be today!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm right there with you on the unopened packages, Maria. I think we can all relate. However, with your friendship and inspiration I'm doing much better. I actually have very few left in my not yet used basket, mostly Christmas which is always the case. Buy one year, use the next. Now that you've finally gotten around to this set it's hard to believe you waited so long, right? I'm not familiar with this set (or much new SU at all anymore), but I absolutely adore the look of it and the super darling card you made. So pretty and sweet! I know you'll enjoy playing with it a lot more!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a sweet cafe scene! So glad you opened it up and shared it in the Paper Players challenge!

Su Mohr said...

We are lucky you opened this set, and put it to use! What a wonderful scene, and beautifully colored. Thanks so much for sharing with the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful card made with one of my favorite sets, Maria! Sadly, I have been in the same situation many times with sets I have never used. I'm so glad you inked this one up! What a perfect way to use the challenge colors! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

missgailly said...

I hear with unopened packages. I'm trying to do better as well. This card is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job with your colouring. Thanks for playing along with USE YOUR STUFF - Gail (from Canada)

LeAnne said...

This is ADORABLE, Maria! I have made a pact to buy way less this year, and use what I have!!! I am glad you cracked open this stamp set...it is perfectly cute and cheerful in our colors! Thanks for playing with our Paper Player challenge this week!

Kylie said...

This is a really cute little scene. The cafe looks very inviting! Thanks so much for playing along at Less Is More xx