Followers

Monday, September 16, 2019

Twofer Critter Challenge.....

Hello everyone: I'm back with a card created with one of my favorite subjects....."Critters", love them all, great and small.
My card features a few stamps from Purple Onion and the great designer Stacey Yacula, her little critters are among the cutest ever!!


*************************************************


Both cards are created with Shadow, super cute little owl, on this card I perched him on a Lamp Post and gave him a hat from Katzelkraft Accessories.  The sign is also from Purple Onion and the "Peace" sentiment from Power Poppy "Merry Littles".  I colored all the images with Prismacolor pencils.
The snow and snowflakes are die-cut and punched with glimmer paper.

****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called GLISTENING PAPERWHITES, the little tree from MERRY LITTLES.

*************************************************
My Twofer card.


Same little owl but on this card I added some fluttering bats from a retired (sadly) by Hero Arts, I'm so glad I grabbed it when I did.
I created a mask for the Owl and the lamp so I could sponge the sky and stamp the bats. I drew by hand his little cape, the witch's hat is from a retired SU set called "Tee-Hee-Hee", (2014). I stamped it with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it then, I fussy cut it. 
The little houses in the distance are drawn from a retired SU die set called "Sleigh Ride", I just die cut the houses and traced around them twice.
All the images are colored with Prismacolor pencils, the sky and moon are sponged with Distress Inks.
******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.

I would like to play with the following challenges.


A Place To Start

Challenge #8 "For the Kids"

Cute Fall or Halloween cards for kids.
Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.


7 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow! Both adorable! Love the owl costumes! Did you make your own witch hat and cape free hand on the Halloween card? Whooo has more talent than You?!

Leslie Miller said...

Seriously cute cards, Maria! The owl is adorable with those big eyes. Fantastic scenes on both, all clean and calm and snowy on the Christmas card and very Halloweeny with the crazy bat background. I'm wondering, too, if you drew the hat and cape yourself. Love the row of houses. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer!

Anonymous said...

Super cute owls and both great cards.
Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start.
Scarlett xoxo

Brian King said...

Love how versatile this sweet owl is. Great cards!

Kara Lynne said...

I have to agree that Stacey Yacula creates some of the cutest critters! Your little owl is so wonderful both for Christmas and for Halloween! I love the little hat and shimmery snow on your first card. Fantastic job making his cape and creating the spooky scene on your second card. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

You did a great job of presenting these wonderful critters! It is nice that you are showing two ways of using one stamp. I need to get better at that!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
A Place to Start Challenge
613 Avenue Create Challenge

Anita in France said...

That owl is just adorable, Maria ... and your scenes are so beautifully detailed, whether for a snowy Christmas or a spooky halloween! Taking your designs to the inside of the cards is such a lovely idea ... fabulous finishing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)