Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A Chickadee Holiday.....

Hello everyone: The new challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH is all about FEATHERS or BIRDS so we all hope you have some birdie stamps somewhere in your stash and join us in the gallery. Here is my card to inspire you and, for more wonderful inspiration, hop over my teammates blogs to see their awesome creations.


This image is from a very old and retired SU set called "Beautiful Season" from the 2011-2012 catalog, I love this beautiful Chickadee perched on this Holly branch.
I stamped the image onto Canson water color paper with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder then, I colored it with SU markers, I put some red Rhine Stones on the berries for added sparkle. The sentiment is stamped with Barn Door distress ink onto a piece of Vellum and also clear heat embossed, I wanted the pretty pattern paper to show through.  I made a pretty bow using some needle craft thread from my stash, this stuff is so old I had totally forgotten I had it until I was looking for some narrow ribbon for my card, it was in a plastic bag along with some green and gold threads.
**********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a set from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley and it's called Spice It Up and the gift box from Merry Littles, this set has a bunch of sweet images and fabulous sentiments, I use it a lot to finish the inside of my Holiday cards.
Don't forget to hop over my teammates blogs and leave some inky love, then come and join us in the gallery, we can't wait to see what you create.
Please remember to only link up your card to no more than 10 challenges including ours.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

suck a beautiful image, perfectly colored! yowza!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and beautiful colouring. I love it.

Mimi said...

I am a BIG FAN of chickadees! So cute. I always love that they are featured on festive cards, they are such cheerful birds! Well done, my friend!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a pretty card!! I love how you framed that pretty bird and the rhinestones were such a great idea!!

Chris Dring said...

Wow Maria, this is a beautiful card! What a gorgeous image, I love how you colored it, and really love your card design!

P.S. Love your new blog banner!