Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pink Lady Sleepers.....

Hello everybody: I have the Power Poppy set called Orchids Rock and I've been wanting to ink it up since I bought it about a month ago so, I'm taking advantage of a few challenges in which the main color they are asking is PINK, here is my card. I will enter it in a few challenges at the end of this post.

This flowers are so amazing in real life, I had to go and look for a picture of this beautiful Orchids called "Lady Sleeper" so I could have an idea of what colors they come in so I can color my image. I found this picture on Google so I tried my best to mimic this gorgeous colors.

Lady's Slipper Orchid (Cypripedium x ventricosum):

I stamped my Orchids onto a piece of Canva water color paper with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, I like the sharp, defined lines and the embossing powder keeps your water color where you want it, with no bleeding out.  I colored with my SU markers adding a bit of shadow with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment is stamped with Strawberry Slush onto a die cut piece of vellum and also clear heat embossed.  
The patter papers are from a discontinued line from Lili of the Valley, the ribbon is from my stash. That little butterfly is from a stamp set I had for several years, the problem is that I threw away the package and never bother to write the name of the company or the name of the set, this was way before I ever entertain the idea of having a blog.
***********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from The Ton stamp set called Pyrotechnics, the die cut is from Cuttle Bug, I added a pink ribbon to remind everybody that October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month, early detection saves lives!!!!!
I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.


CRAFT ROCKET CHALLENGES #25, use ribbon and or lace.
The Alphabet Challenge "P is for Pretty in Pink"
Cut It Up Challenge #106, Pink or Breast Cancer Awareness.
Inspiration Destination Challenge #106 Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

The Lady Slipper is an endangered specie in my State, they're beautiful to come across in the woods! So pretty!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is stunning. You really captured the look and feel of this gorgeous flower.

Thanks for joining us for our Pink or BCA challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Sybrina K said...

Maria, What a pretty card! You did a wonderful job capturing the beauty of your inspiration flower. :)

Aileen said...

As always another beautiful card. Love this stamp and your colouring so soft and pretty.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Mary Fish said...

Have you noticed that the lady slippers look like your beloved fairies? What gorgeous color and watercoloring!

Heide said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Joanna M. said...

Super pretty. You did a great job coloring your image (I google flower colors all the time!) Thanks for joining in the challenge this fortnight. Good luck.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week. Good luck!!! Patricia

Kathie said...

Maria your card is so pretty, I love flowers and this beautiful orchids is lovely. Your design papers and embellishments are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

SewPaperPaint said...

Absolutely stunning! Your coloring looks almost like the photo! So pretty! Hugs, Autumn