Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Little Bit of Sage Advice.....

Hi there: Well, today is the last day of February, sheeesh!! it was kind of brutal up here in the Midwest states.  We endured below zero temperatures, sometimes reaching the -50 with the wind chill, brrrr!!  So, I'm ready for Spring, how about you?  I have a card to share that will make you want to plant a little Herb Garden, I know I will give it a try this year, there is nothing like the flavor of fresh herbs.


This delicious and fresh image is from the Power Poppy set called Sage Advice.
I stamped it on a die cut piece of watercolor paper with Versafine black ink, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and colored it with SU markers and watercolor brushes.  The cardstock and pattern papers, as well as the ribbon, are from my stash, the sentiment from the set.

********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment and the herb decoration inside and in front are from the set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

The Paper Players, sketch by Ann.

Creative Sketchy Girls Use Ribbon or Lace
Creative Sketchy Girls

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XOf
Maria.



9 comments:

Sonny P. said...

This is a friendly card . I like it !! Would love to smell some of that aromatic sage !

Mary Fish said...

Sage Advice couldn't be more adorable. Stay warm!

Patti Willey said...

Wonderful colander filled herbs! Looking forward to a growing season too!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful image, Maria! Your coloring is so perfect. Thank you so much for playing in the sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Leslie Miller said...

Every time I see this set I just love it so much! Your watercoloring is as pretty as your pencil coloring, Maria. This gives me all the feels of summer, and I could sure use a little of that warmth. Not as cold here as there, but too cold and wet for me! Hugs!

laurie said...

Love the image and your water coloring!Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria as always I love your colouring, the layers and the finish given to every card you make.

Jaydee said...

Maria, being in the midwest, I hear you on this winter. So, I wasn't happy with the very below zero temps and more snow for the First of March!!! I love your take on the sketch and what a wonderful use - and coloring - of this great set from Power Poppy. Wonderful to see you in our gallery again this week. Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players
jaydee

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card, thanks for playing at Creative Sketchy Girls!
Nancy DT