Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Azaleas.....

No photo description available.

Hello everyone: My teammates and I over at RETRO RUBBER, have a new challenge for you to play with and this time, we are joined by the TRY STAMPIN'-OR NOT- ON TUESDAY team who provided this fabulous sketch that has tons of possibilities.  So here's the card I made and I hope it inspires you to come and play along with us in our gallery.



I don't know about you but, I'm sick and tired of Winter. We haven't seen the Sun for days and, if it ventures to take a peek at us down here, it's just for a short while and then, it gets covered by dense, gray clouds and everything looks blah!!
So, I wanted to use this fantastic sketch to get a whiff of Spring colors on this beautiful Azalea image from Power Poppy.
Azaleas come in a rainbow of colors and this time I picked a bright orange/yellow to color mine.
I stamped the image with Stazon black ink and colored it with my Sakura Koi watercolors, I also used some Prismacolor pencils to give some shadows and highlights.  The sentiment is from the set and the ribbons from my stash.

**********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Heard from the Heart" (2008) and the small image on the corner is from the Power Poppy set.
So I hope you come and check out the rest of the team's awesome cards and the TRY STAMPIN' ON TUESDAY sketch over at RETRO RUBBER and join all of us for some fun in our gallery.
Please remember that your stamps MUST be over a year old, we would love it if you could let us know how long you've had them, we want you to give your older stamps a chance to shine again.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.





8 comments:

Mary Fish said...

pretty inside and out. love those little patterned flags.

Brian King said...

I think YOU are so amazing, Maria! What a gorgeous card! Such a great use of this sketch.

Sonny P. said...

Such vibrant flowers ! Truly a vision if they were real .
Pretty card !!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this beautiful stamp set and, ohhhh, the color! I have two orange azaleas in my garden and they sure put on a show in spring (if the deer don't eat them). What a gorgeous card, Maria! Your ribbons look so festive!

Krafty Kaylin said...

I really love your card. the flowers are gorgeous. go ahead and link it up to the Try Stampin on Tuesday challenge post. Been lovely to see you work with our sketch.

Patti Willey said...

Wow you really accomplished coloring these Azaleas! They are beautiful!

Jan Clothier said...

What a glorious vase of flowers: so vibrant and bright, so beautifully coloured! Love this card, Maria!

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, as always your colouring is fabulous. I love Azalea's so this card made me very happy, love your beautifully coordinated text and banners. Cx