Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

February is for Irises.....

SOS Headquarters

Hello everyone: Welcome to another challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH.  The theme this time is "Fabulous February" and that means it's all about the beautiful flowers of the month, Violets or Irises and the color Purple, so we hope you find some time to come and play along with us.
This is the card I made to inspire you and I hope you go check out what my teammates created for even more inspiration, we can't wait to see you in our gallery.


This card was created with this image from an old Flourishes set called "Beauty Within" (2010), I love it because it looks like a stain glass window.
I stamped it on a piece of soft lilac-colored card stock with Stazon black ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in Gamsol.
The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley (discontinued), I die cut the corner with a die from Tim Holtz "Alterations"
The sentiment is from the set, I just added a few enamel dots for a bit of bling.

************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.



The lace top is from a retired SU set called "Delicate Details", the sentiment and the little Iris on the bottom are from the same set as the image in front but I stamped the words inside a frame from the retired SU set called "Four Frames" that came out back in the 2011-2012 Catalog.
I hope you come and play with my teammates and me at the SHOPPING OUR STASH and the TRY STAMPING ON TUESDAY gallery, we can't wait to see what you create.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


7 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Very pretty, Maria! I like the flow of the card and anything in the purple family is a big hit with me. Nicely crafted!
Hugz!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, lovely image and of course purple is my fav.

Sonny P. said...

Pretty purple . My mother grew beautiful Iris and they always welcomed Spring to me .
A really pretty card you have created .

Leslie Miller said...

I certainly remember this set! The field behind the irises makes such a nice contrast. I love the depth in the artwork and it's made ever so much prettier with your wonderful coloring. Nice die, too! Just beautiful, Maria!

Mimi said...

Such lovely purple and orchid tones! I, too, like the image because it looks like stained glass. Very nicely done!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh so pretty and so very PURPLE - which is my all time favourite colour!!
Most fabulous job teammie!!

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous image and beautifully colored! Love your card design, and that partial die cut just adds to the 'stained glass' effect! Love it!