Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Would You Like a Glass?????

Hi there, blogging friends: Well, I know it's still Winter and the temperatures are pretty cold up here in Crown Point, IN. but I can't help dreaming of days with 75 degree temperatures, sunny with a chance of only fabulousness.
And that's why I chose this refreshing, delicious looking image from my totally new, not yet inked stash (bought last year, this year I vowed not to buy more stuff so I can use what I have, which is plenty), this particular stamp set is from Power Poppy and it's called "Tea in the Garden", now.....don't you want to sit on your porch or garden swing, with a couple of good friends, drinking some of this?
I would, hope you do too.


I stamped the images on white card stock with Stazon black ink and colored them with Prismacolor pencils, then I fussy cut them putting some painters tape in the back where the top of the ladle and the little leaves are just so I have a better chance not to rip the paper, I used to put Scotch tape but painters tape is better. I stamped the little mason jar on the white card base because even with the tape, those leaves were not going to withstand all the fussy cutting.
I stamped the little flowers and the sentiment separately.

**********************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The flowers on top and bottom are from the same set, the sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called "Foxglove and Ranunculus" 

I'm playing with the following challenges.


When I think of SIMPLE, I think
of just sitting on the garden swing
enjoying a glass of lemonade.

I love watercoloring but lately, I'm enjoying coloring with my Prismacolors.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.




8 comments:

Rike said...

Tea in the Garden - yes, it's good thinking about, and the color yellow brings a warm feeling too - we need now for our frosty winter days!
I admire how you fussy cut the details!
Thank you for linking your beautiful card to my theme "The Colour Yellow" at Art Journal Journey! Rike

Patti Willey said...

Oh my word! I must see this in person! :) It's so sweet and don't I wish I could sit on the porch swing with you my friend with a piece of your cake (or two) and some homemade lemonade. A precious moment I would cherish as you've been a long distant friend for probably a decade now! Cheers my friend

Sonny P. said...

Ah yes ...bring on the sweet summer days so sitting outside sipping something cold and delicious is reality ! This is an adorable image you created( just don`t wake up Amanda, sleeping in the Violets)GIGGLE !

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so glad you cracked the seal on this set because you did such a beautiful and inspiring job coloring and cutting it. It's one of my favorites, but then I say that about a lot of Marcy's sets. I love it with the yellow borders for the sketch. Such a happy color! It surely does convey one of life's simple pleasures!

Jan Clothier said...

Maria, Maria, Maria! This is fabulous! As always, I'm impressed with what you can do with coloured pencils. Your patience in fussy cutting is amazing too. Thanks for the tip about the painter's tape. Your card is such a vision of warm summer days... I'll say again... fabulous! Thank you for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

Mary Fish said...

This is my dream . . . once it warms up a bit. Beautiful card, Maria.

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely, Maria! It is the epitome of a beautiful simple day! Love the lemony colors! Thanks for playing with our As You See It challenge this week!

Heather Cooper said...

Maria, as I sat looking out on my snowy backyard, your card and the way you filled in the blank for our As You See It Challenge, evoked a whole paradigm shift for me! I suddenly warmed up considerably and started thinking summer thoughts! Thank you! I love the beautiful job you did with colouring and fussy cutting your image! Thanks for playing along!