Followers

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Pisces.....

Hello everyone: March is in full swing although Spring hasn't shown her pretty face yet, still a bit cold (32 degrees) up here in Crown Point, IN., but I trust that soon, we'll see the first signs that the season of renewal is finally here.
And speaking of signs, I have a card to share today created with a NBUS set from Stampin' Up! called "All The Good Things, love the beautiful Koi fish and the lovely sentiments, oh, and that little Bonsai is just precious.


I went CAS all the way (I think), stamping the smaller of the Koi with Spiced Marmalade at the center of the panel twice.  The orange hue around the fish was not in the plans but, I accidentally rubbed the image with the sleeve of my blouse and smudged it a bit, I tried to remove it with a damp brush but it was making it worse so I decided to just "smudge" the whole image and I think it worked ok.
Don't you hate when these darn accidents happen😒?
Anyway, the Pisces symbol was copied from Google, first sketched lightly with pencil and then, when I was happy with it, I went over it with a fine point black marker.  The sentiment was stamped with Versafine black ink.

******************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from the set and the little Koi fish from a discontinued Flourishes set called "Waterlily" that came out back in 2009!! The rest of this set is truly gorgeous.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Challenge #24 "Anything Goes with a Critter"
2 Crafty Critter Crazies

Anything Goes/option CAS.
Creatalicious Challenges

Challenge #31 "CAS"
Scrap from your heart

Include an animal.
Sparkles Monthly Challenges

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

16 comments:

Brian King said...

Wow! I love how you've showcased these fish. Such simple beauty, Maria! ♥

Mary Fish said...

Very cool, classy and simple!

Kathyk said...

FAB and CAS take on the LIM theme - super colour too

Kathyk

Leslie Miller said...

Hmmm... the smudge sure looks like it was meant to be there. Must be a very juicy pad. I love the color and those koi are absolutely beautiful. What a great stamp. Is it two step? I can't believe you drew the Pisces symbol! My hand is definitely not that steady. Good to see you continuing with your NBUS stamps!

Aileen said...

another wonderful creation sweetie, love the fish and the soft look you achieved with your smudging. Perfect

Patti Willey said...

I love this look! Great Card arent' these koi fish so serene to watch in a pool. Beautiful. I have the answer to your smudge and will link you to a Mono Sanding Eraser.

creationsnz said...

Super CAS card and the fish circle/wreath is lovely. We hope you join us again at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Renate said...

Beautiful CAS card
Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges
Renate DT

Sonny P. said...

So pretty and serene . The accidental smear resulted in an accidental aura for that fish . You made it work !!
That Mono Eraser is good that Patti noted ,but I am glad you left your sleeve art be !!!

Katrine said...

A very lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Scrap from Your heart this month. Hugs Katrine

Izzy Scrap said...

What a beautiful take on the challenge, Maria ! I'm totally in love of your Koi stamp, they are so stylish and delicate. If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't have thought that the very soft colour behind the Kois was an accident ! A really gorgeous CAS design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

jorunn`s Fristed said...

Wow, fab cas card, thanks for joining us at Scrap from your heart, hugs jorunn

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a truly wonderful take on the Less Is More Challenge. I do hate it when I make a mistake and have to trash a card, but your mistake made the card extra fabulous! I love it! A very happy accident indeed! Gorgeous colors, perfect CAS. Thanks so much for playing with us!

Paddington fan said...

What a fab CAS card! Thank you for joining our animal challenge over at Sparkles this month, I do hope you'll join us again very soon,
Love Jacky x
Sparkles DT

TRACEY MO said...

what a pretty cas card.

what a great idea.

thanks for joining us at sparkles monthly challenge

dt tracey

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional CAS” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…