Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Class of 2019.....

Hello everyone: Here's another Graduation card, this time for my neighbor's grandson. I really like making these types of cards, the young people graduating are full of promise and dreams, with their future in their hands, ready to start on the next Journey, God Speed and God Bless you all.


A simple card, for a young man, the colors of his school, a few stars, the 2019 numbers were cut with my Cricut,(I should use it more often) and the CONGRATULATIONS, cap and diploma cut with a die.  The embossed paw prints are done with a Darice EF, this young man is graduating from the Crown Point High School and their mascot is a Bulldog. 

****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like. 


The punched detail is done with a Fiskars punch, the sentiments and diploma are stamped with a Fiskars graduation set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Challenge #193 "You're The Man"
Crafty Gals Corner

Masculine.

#38 "For Men and Boys"
Papercraft Challenges

For the Men/Boys
Unicorn Challenge Blog

Graduation Challenge
Bitten by the Bug 2

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.


13 comments:

Brian King said...

Shiny and fun! I love the layout of this card! Such a good one for a great celebration!

HJ said...

Great card, Maria. Love the gold sentiment with the black/white/red combo. Great job! Have a wonderful day!

Caroline said...

The gold sentiment really makes your card stunning. I love the embossing and design, too. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love the metallic gold on your card. Very nice and professional looking. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug (BBTB2). Wonderful! Dorlene DT BBTB2

Leslie Miller said...

Very, very nice, Maria! I'm super impressed because I find this kind of card very difficult. I don't think I've ever made a good grad card. Well, maybe once. I like this a lot! The gold letters and numbers are regal and the stars make it celebratory. I'm curious about the paw prints embossing folder. Our town's team is Bulldogs, so I wonder if theirs is something like that.

Scrapping Girl said...

I love when grad cards have the school colors incorporated-makes it extra special and personal! Love how this turned out and the gold really pops against the black/white/red! Thanks for sharing a project with us over at BBTB2!
:)
Michelle

Patti Willey said...

Wow you thought of everything! Down to the Bulldog symbolism in your embossed panel! I love your die cuts and color pallet as well! Congratulations!

moknowsall said...

Look at all those layers. Great idea for a male card. I use the school colors in my grad cards too. Thx for joining our Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge this week.

SugarShine Designs said...

Love your grad card! It has so much texture and layers. You put a lot of things together to make a wonderful presentation. Those are my old school colors too! LOL! So glad you joined in with us at the BBTB2 challenge for Graduation. Janet/Sugarshine Designs

crafty-stamper said...

A brilliant graduation card love the embossing folder and great personalised card.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

Darnell said...

What a terrific celebratory design for the graduate, Maria! I love the bold way you added the year and the congratulations and how there is lots of texture to the card! He will love it!! Hugs, Darnell

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great job with this card! thank you so much for joining us at Bitten By the Bug 2 again! Love seeing your work! good luck

Alicia

Judy V said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!